Monday, November 3, 2008

WHAT????

I never thought that I would ever be thankful, to the extent I am anyways for todays gift. Saying that however I am thankful today for television. More specifically PBS. My boys have been sick lately and today it was a down day for them both. Great for me bad for them. They woke up and wanted to do nothing. I have never had this happen. They have both been sick before, Benjamin a lot with his asthma, but they have always had tons of energy anyway. Today all the energy seemed to be sucked right out of them. Do not know if it was the medicine they took to sleep the night before or if there little bodies just knew they needed to get better. They sat on my bed the entire day. I turned PBS on and they watched from 7 a.m. til about 2 p.m. I watched with them in between cuddling them and having Jacob pick a book to read, and doing my household duties but most of the day was spent in front of the television.

What I love most about PBS is first, no commercials. I do not have to continue to check if they are seeing something that there little souls do not need, second they learn while they watch. They interact and respond to questions there brains are still turning as they sit. They do not turn into zombies who are having there intelligence sucked out of them. There shows are smart and aimed at bettering children and making them love reading, activities, and asking questions. (I know at the same time sucking you into there world so you will continue to watch and totally contradicting but hey you go with what you got right?)

So today it is PBS.

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Yay PBS! I love PBS, so does little miss. I hope your boys are feeling better though.

Travis and Ashlee said...

I'm with you on this one!! I love the learning shows, those are the only ones makaila watches. She actually prefers them. We have tried to get her to watch regular ones when the others are not on and she just won't. Good for her little learning desire or something!!

The Pea said...

Between the lions has taught me more lately than anything. "**When two vowels go a walking the first one does the talking*** And silent e on the end makes a vowel say it's name not it's sound!

I am so glad to be able to answer these questions for Michael, he needs to know why you say words the way you do and the only thing I have been able to come up with is, because thats how it is.
Here here PBS!!!

Cristen said...

We just started watching between the lions here. The boys were never up early enough. I love it and Benjamin repeats as they read.