Wednesday, November 12, 2008

We Are Family

I am so incredibly blessed to have the family that I have. I have amazing parents, and I have amazing siblings. They are who I am Thankful for today.

My older sis Jenessa helped to raise us. She got the "oldest sister" duties very early in life. My mom had to work and as a result we were home together alone during the day after school. Jenessa tried so hard to get us to clean the house and do our chores so that Mom could come home and not have to. She got a bad wrap form us growing up and I am sure could live the rest of her life without ever hearing, "you are not MOM!" She has grown into an incredible woman. She is a devoted Mom and wife. She would do anything for her kids and husband, and often does. She has been my rock lately. She lets me tag along when she goes to the store, so that I can have some help with the boys, and it makes that experience easier for me. She has came by to watch my boys a number of times when I have been in a jam. Most recently she has been my motivation. She has lost a ton of weight, every time I see her she looks more amazing. I am so proud of her hard work. She has done it by working hard and learning how to eat. And on top of that exercising her butt off, literally. She does a jazzersize class four days a week. She rocks and I love her.

My little sis, PEA. What can I say other than, WONDER WOMAN. Ever since I can remember this girl has not been afraid to try anything. She has gone after ever dream she has ever had. She has been a dancer, an actor, she had taught herself sign language and how to sew, she knows the Book Of Mormon cover to cover. I have always looked up to her and wish I had her strength. She is an amazing mom, and spends all her time and energy making sure her children have fun. She is a great example of a true Woman of God. It radiates from her. I miss her so much and wish my kids knew her better and were able to grow up around her children.

My lil brother Matthew, I think is the strongest of us all. He was raised by four girls and, I think we did a pretty great job. Since he was about 12, (just a guess not sure on the exact age) he has been in and out of the hospital. He was born with a cyst in his brain that from birth tilt hey found it was putting tremendous pressure on his brain and left eye. He was have night terrors growing up, he got headaches. When they found the cyst they thought that they could just go in and remove it and he would be fixed. It was unfortunately not that easy. The cyst had grown with him and was not able to be removed. So they inserted a shunt that went from his brain into his belly that after the cyst was drained half way, would be able to keep it half drained by draining the fluid through the shunt. Problem with this was that is was just hitting his growing stages. He grew out of his shunt a number of times. Each time they had to go back in and adjust the size of the shunt, which meant surgery. Another problem was that the shunt malfunction on numerous occasions. They did not know how to fix these problems without opening him back up and looking at the equipment, which meant more surgery. I think total he had 22 surgeries. The las on being when he had to come home early from his mission and have it fixed again. They were able to this last time finally keep the cyst from filling up and it has remained that way for 5 years now. In the midst of all of this he has remained positive and never let this, any of it from keeping him from what he wanted to do. He fought to serve a mission and although it was cut short he accomplished two years worth of work in the short time he was out there. He was an honorable missionary. Most recently he, as I have mentioned before, got approved to start flight school. He has accomplished one more of his many dreams. I wish him all the success he wants in life. This is just the beginning for him. I am so proud of him. I love him. He has a wonderful wife who has moved across the country to help him accomplish this and I am so thankful for her and her sacrifices to help him accomplish this life long dream. I love her as well.

These are my siblings who I adore and would not be today without. They have made my life a blessing. I love you all.

3 comments:

The Pea said...

You are so freaking amazing too! I am Afraid of what you do not see in yourself sometimes. You truly are a great mom and are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Thank you for our words they are just what I needed to hear tonight.

Brianna said...

Sweet post, you do have a great family! I agree with Pea too, you are wonderful too.

Travis and Ashlee said...

Sounds like your a lucky women!! But also agree, you are amazing yourself. i don't know how you do what you do! Don't ever forget how wonderful you are!!