Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Many Michael's

So, it has been crazy at my house trying to get Benjamin better. This has been the worst asthma attack yet. But, he is well now so I can start blogging again. I am not going to try to catch up with my goal of blogging everyday this month. I am going to just start with today and move forward. Today I am thankful for MY MICHAEL"S!


I for whatever reasons, and mostly due to the fact that my Mom married two, have three Michael's that have influence and impacted my life. One was my Dad, Michael Richard Pender Sr. Two is my step-dad Michael DeMille and the third is my uncle Michael Hallewell.

First my Dad. I have talk about him passing away before and this post is what I am thankful for so we will skip that part. I will say that he passed away when I was three and I have never felt that he was gone. I was felt his love for me as long as I can remember. I do not feel like I am like him very much and wonder if that would be different if he was here. Or would I be the same person I am now. Who knows. All my other siblings acquired of of his many talents. Jenessa my older sister got his beautiful gift of singing. Her voice is gorgeous. My little sister PEA, is like him in every way. She writes and acts. She is funny and social. My little brother got his hair, his love and appreciation for all types of music and his singing voice as well. I feel as though I got his genes thats pretty much it. Would that have been different if he was here to influence me? I know this is not a fair question and could stir up feelings of regret of sorrow. But for me it just adds more excited for the day I am going to meet him, and remember him and finally know what it is that I got from him. I love him so much and miss him everyday. Can you really miss someone that you do not remember. I feel like I know him. I have read his poetry and I have his scrapbooks from throughout his life that I look at regularly. I have gotten to know him through those things. I do not have a memory, any memory of him alive. And, still I feel blessed to have him in my life. I know that I will see him again and spend the rest of forever with him and my family, of that I have no doubt.

My second Michael, is simply Mike to me. He is my step-dad and has been married to my mom for ten years now. It was a rough start for us. We had a hard time blending our two, totally different families. It took me awhile to be conformable talking to him, other than the polite talk coming and going. He has become, however a man who loves my mom. He takes care of her. I respect his opinion and ask for his advice. We have found a place where we are both comfortable and I love him for who he is.

Mt third Michael is my uncle Mike Hallewell. When my father died he jumped in and help my mom with the "fatherly" tasks. He reminds me often that he and my Aunt would take me to church when I was little before they had kids and tell people I was theres. We formed and instant bond for that point forward. He has always been there for me. He came over every year at the beginning of the school year and gave us blessings. He was the Priesthood holder for our family. We knew he would come in a heart beat whenever we needed him. He has listened to my problems and given me advice. He helped us go to EFY during the summer and has strength my testimony of the gospel whenever I have been in his home. I spent many days with his family growing up. He was my example of the kind of Man I wanted to marry and have bless my family. He has helped to make me the person I am today. He still cares for me and I love his hugs whenever I see him.

These are my Micheal's. I am grateful to everyone. They have helped me so much to grow and learn.

1 comments:

The Pea said...

I think you got Dads ability to see things for the good they can be instead of getting grumpy about it! That is a gift I would love to have, you are more like him than you know. It will be fun to "see for sure"

I love you so much you are awesome!