Wednesday, October 29, 2008

He Can Fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



My little brother Matthew just got his approval papers from the FFA. He and his wife, Lauren having been living in Florida for about a year waiting for this to happen. They moved down there so that he could go to the school Delta has there. He submitted an application for approval and was denied. The reason being that he was born with a cyst in his brain and has had to have over 20 surgeries since he was about 12. Well to make a long story short, he appealed it and he just got approval today.

This is so incredibly amazing and I am so excited for him. His whole life he has always wanted to be an air force pilot. He could not join the Air Force because of this whole thing with his head. So he turned to the next best thing. HE has struggled for so long and has come just within arms length of all of his dreams and now one is finally coming true. I love you Matt and Lauren I am so glad your dreams are both coming true.

6 comments:

A Sharing Heart said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us. I am so happy for Matt and Loren. I had no idea these things were going on. I am glad that things are beginning to work out for him and that he will get to fly. It is go good to hear happy news.

Robyn said...

What great news! I am excited to hear all about their adventures!

Brianna said...

So cool! I am way excited for him to start his career as a pilot. What great news, and congratulations Matt!

The Pea said...

I just finished this same post!!! NOW I AM CRYING AGAIN!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, and very exciting.. I hope he loves it. I am glad he never gave up.

S'mee said...

Terrific news!