Monday, October 20, 2008

Help!!!

My mother-in-law bought me some gummy eyeballs to use as cupcake toppers for our Halloween party we have every year at my Sister and brother-in-laws house. Problem is I have no idea how to make them work.

I have thought about just frosting the cupcake and topping it with the eyeball. But thought maybe that was not "ghooly" enough. Then I thought that I would make a one eyed monster cupcake but they eyeball is huge and I do not know if it will work. I am going to try my ideas this week and see what I like, but thought I would let you come up with some ideas and maybe add a little more creativity to the cupcake.

So for all you out there with this gift, and you know who you are, please let me know if you have any ideas that I am just not thinking of.

This is what the eye ball looks like.

9 comments:

The Pea said...

That is just creepy!!!

Brianna said...

How big is it really? Can you put something up to it to compare sizes, I will put my thinking cap on and let you know what I can come up with. When is the party, on Halloween?

Cristen said...

the party is on the 30th in the evening.

I can not post a picture. I actually stole this one from some else. My camera will not connect to the computer. But the eyeballs are one inch wide one inch tall. perfect little eyeball size.

Brianna said...

So we have been talking about it and you could make a mike from monster's inc. all you would have to do is make sure the frosting is the neon green color, and take some pipe cleaners for his arms. Also I thought it might be cute to make a daddy long-leg, make the frosting black or gray and then put the eyes down toward the front of the cupcakes and put black pipe cleaners in for legs. Or you could make a mummy one, put the eyes on and pipe frosting across the cupcakes, so it looks like they are wrapped up. Hopefully this can give you a start to even start thinking of ideas. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck! If you need any other help let me know.

Robyn said...

I'd use fondant and make eyelids for the eyeballs. You could start with an eye closed and then slightly open each on e more and more, the last one being the full eye ball. You could make girl eyes for some and guys for others. How many of these do you have???

The Pea said...

Now I am really creeped out. except for the monsters inc ones

Cristen said...

I have two dozen. I love all the ideas so far.

Robyn said...

The only thing better would be to put them in a bowl of lime green jello!

Robyn said...

Oh I just thought of a neat idea! You could make one of those cupcake cakes and use all the eyeballs in the center cakes. Then frost the rest in brown, and use chocolate twizzlers to make legs and make it a giant spider with a gazillion eyes!