Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Am A Child Of God

So for weeks, well since he was born, but more recently weeks, I have been teaching Benjamin I Am A Child Of G0d. The primary chorister wants the nursery kids to join them in the primary program to sing this song. Benjamin does not have the best attention span, or so I thought. Every time we would start to sing it he would stop somewhere in the middle and just change the subject, or want to sing a different song. I was kinda loosing hope that he was going to sing it. But today I was swinging my boys outside and he started to sing it without any cue. He sang the whole thing. I started to cry, I was so proud. Obviously he has been paying attention. He also ask me today if Nephi was the one who built the boat. I feel like I am doing ok now. I feel like on a day to day basis my kids are not learning anything about the gospel. I know that they know who Heavenly Father is and that every night they want to say prayers. But I was feeling like nothing else was sticking with them.

So any of you out there that are having the same experiences, on day out of nowhere your child will surprise you and let you know they get it. Do not get discouraged.

6 comments:

Jenessa said...

I love the few moments they give us that tell us we are doing ok. You are doing great!!!

Jenessa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Pea said...

You are doing great!! Your kids will always remind you of that! I would love to hear him sing this.

Cristen said...

I am trying to get it on tape. He is not a performer thought so I am going to have to set him up and hide the video camera.

Travis and Ashlee said...

Thats so cute. Makaila has been doing the same thing lately. She is picking up songs like crazy, mostly from nursery. But she sings them all day. She is mostly doing nursey rymes though. I too have trid to teach her that one and she just won't do it for me!! But I hear she knows it!!

A Sharing Heart said...

Your are an wonderful mother! There is nothing greater than hearing these wonderful children singing the Primary Songs. You do need to get it recorded it will never be the same.