Friday, October 17, 2008

Mo Willems

When Benjamin turned two, my brother and sister-in-law got him a book. When I first went to read it I hated it. Do not get me wrong the book was so cute. Adorable illustrations, cool colors, but I did not like the way it read. It was simple with only a few words per page and frankly I found it boring to read. Benjamin on the other hand instantly loved it. I read it everyday to him and could not figure out why I found it so bland and he found it so fascinating. Then about a week before Matt and Lauren (the gifters) left for Florida they came over to spend some time with us and our boys. Benjamin of course went to get his favorite book and had Lauren read it to him. It was then that I fell in love with this book. She read it they was it was supposed to be read. With life and character. She yelled when the word were CAPITALIZED , read it with the right punctuation?!. She brought the book to life. Now I love it. I love to read it. I love the message which I missed all those times reading it because I was clouded by the fact that it bored me. Now I have read all of this authors bo0ks and I will own them someday. I am still going to collect all of Dr. Suese's books, but Mo Willems is right up there for me right now. Here are my favorites of his.

This has got to be my favorite. It makes me laugh to read. And it is a great story about friendship.

Great story about finding yourself. Best illustrations.



This one was the gift. And is still the favorite of both Benjamin and Jacob.

3 comments:

The Pea said...

Is this what you were talking about yesterday??

Travis and Ashlee said...

That is hilarious!! you crack me up

Cristen said...

yes these are the books I was looking at when you called me. They are great and recommend them. Michael could practice reading with them.