Monday, December 1, 2008

Merry December

Before I start my December post I have to tell you about our Thanksgiving weekend. We drove up to Utah and spent Thanksgiving day with My little Sis, Pea. She made a delicious meal while I help her brand new baby, and filmed the kids and husbands playing. She I am sure will post pictures soon. On Friday we left my sisters, after shopping of course, and headed to Idaho to visit Bobby's grandma. She made us another Thanksgiving meal. His uncle Steve and his son were there, as well as Andrew and Samantha, his little bro and his Girlfriend. So we all got stuffed again. Friday night we went down to Preston, Idaho for there Festival of Lights Parade. It was so much fun to be in a small town. They take so much pride in everything they do. All of the businesses had a float and went all out to make it unique and festive. They had a fireworks show and a stage with dancers and singers for entertainment all night. After the parade we drove down the streets and into the neighborhoods of Preston and saw Christmas lights. It was so cool, to see all the houses get into the spirit of the Holiday Season. The boys loved it and all night they were saying, "Oh my Goodness!" They would both make sure the other was not missing anything. "Look out my window, hurry see the lights." We had such a great time.

So now for my post.

I married a Christmas baby through and through. Bobby has always loved Christmas, from a very early age he knew that it brought people together and has always loved the family part of the Holiday. His Christmas bug starts about mid September and If I would let him he would probably start decorating then. He really starts pushing for the decorations to go up the first day of November though. I would love to decorate that early as well but I love Thanksgiving and think that it needs it own decor. So, we have decided that we will always decorate on the Monday after thanksgiving. So that is tonight. We are going to have a Family Home Evening Lesson on the first Christmas and try to keep our home centered around Christ. With all the excitement surrounding Santa it is more important them ever. Not impossible though. After our lesson the decorating will begin. Bobby's parents are going to come over and help, as they are Christmas crazy as well. I am so excited for this Month. Me and Bobby have decided to make Christmas more about the whole month of December and the feelings of the holiday, more so than the actual day. We want our kids to know that Christmas and Santa although fun should not be our entire focus for this time of year. We can not wait to start new and continue old traditions. So I say to all Have a Merry December and try to keep the true meaning of Christmas alive and mixed in with all the other excitements of this Holiday Season.



3 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

I am so glad you had a good time at your sisters, and family!! I love Christmas and i would love to decorate earlier also. But i agree also with waiting. Have fun tonight, and take lots of pictures so we can see your cute little house.

The Pea said...

I miss you guys already! Thank you for coming! And Merry Christmas!

Travis and Ashlee said...

Thatsa good idea. we keep saying that we want the santa thing to be really small inour house too but our kids are so young right now they dont really understand either. you will have to tell me some secrets you use to teach your kids the true meaning!!