Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Say A LIttle Prayer For Me

As you can see from the Countdown's I placed to the right, my boys birthdays are coming up. What some of you may not see is that for two months I am going to have two, two year old boys. HELP!!!!! Jacob has already started with his attitudes, he is saying no and talking back. I think that he thinks that timeout is worth it. That whatever he did to get there is worth the time sitting in the timeout chair. Benjamin luckily is on the other side of two and is calming down just a bit and understanding that maybe the timeout corner is not always worth the minute of fun he had driving me crazy. I do not know what is is about two that makes them so smart all the sudden. They know that if they can get me to laugh then the punishment is easier. And it does not take much to make me laugh with these two. The following are just a few things that they have done recently.

1. While I was showering this morning Ben thought that maybe it would be fun to nuke a car. in the microwave. The MICROWAVE. Luckily I was out of the shower when the fire started, yes the fire. He came running in my room yelling Cristen, there is a fire.

2. Earlier this week Jacob decided that the bathroom was the ideal place to play. Of course he can not play in his bathroom, where his bath toys are and there is a very good sink with water. He decided to play in mine. So I come to the bathroom because I hear water running and he has flooded the bathroom. sitting in the sink is all my makeup. Open and wet, and needless to say ruined. It gets better though. He then as I was cleaning up got out of the bathroom with my powder and played with it on my carpet and down the hall.

3. Again in my bathroom Benjamin and Jacob found my colorstay lip gloss. Of course they could not have found my ordinary lip gloss, they have to search through all my stuff, shoved under the sink in containers for the one lip gloss I own that does not come off. They put it on there faces, my walls, and my sheet in the bedroom. I was scrubbing lip gloss for an hour.

I know you are all thinking where are you when this is all happening. I am thinking the same thing. It only takes them a second to cause this much destruction. I could just be in the bathroom, or changing laundry over, doing dishes. They just wait for the perfect moment to strike and have at it.

I do not want to write a whole blog about how crazy my kids are without saying that they are the best thing that has happened to my life, since Bobby. They are everything to me and I love my job. I love being here for all the good and all the bad experiences and would not change any of this at any time. I like to look at these stories and laugh. Which I do a couple of months after they have happened I open there journals and read what we went through. There are so many more good experiences than frustration ones and it definitely makes this all worth it when your two year old tells you He loves you, or "luv ooh" as Jacob says. Every moment is precious to me and I hope that it does not pass to quickly.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh holy moly! I feel for you girl! I didn't have boys so am no help at all in that department. I know they are much harder to deal with than girls. Hopefully, s'mee will see this and give some good advice!

Travis and Ashlee said...

Yikes and I thought my two year old was bad!! Boys....

Trent & Lindz said...

I'm sorry Cristen but I couldn't help but laugh out loud! I had to read this to Trent. Your boys are so adorable and I can only imagine trying to keep from crying or smiling while dealing with their little messes. Whenever my mom would have an overwhelming day with any of us your mom would always remind her to never wish away those years, because before you know it they'll be gone. It sounds to me like you appreciate these little moments. Just imagine when thier married or in H.S. and you can take out their journals and laugh together! Fun

The Pea said...

You are BRAVE!!!! I have missed your blog I better be able to stay on top of it now!!