Monday, August 25, 2008

I Just Have to Take A Minute To Brag

First off I have to say that my camera is not connecting to my computer for some reason so one of these days you will get the pictures that go with these blogs. For now just use your imagination.

Well like many families across the country today was Bobby's first day of School. He finally has is own classroom. He is in charge. On Saturday, we took Benjamin and Jacob to see where there Daddy worked. It was so awesome. They were so astonished I think because I tell them that Daddy goes to work but now they got to see it. They were climbing on the desks, and under the desks. It was fun.

Got a little sidetracked, sorry. Bobby, well now, Mr. Nelson is teaching at Peterson Behavioral School. He has kids from the surrounding schools in our district that have been expelled for various reasons. They are sent to his school and have to pass the program with at least a "D" average, and then are admitted back into the district again. He right now has a total of 14 students, that are dispersed between 7 class periods. They get busier as the year goes on but the classes remain small. What I am going to brag about is the fact that he came home today and had not one bad thing to say about the students. He was prepared I think to really have some trouble, because of what his co-workers have told him. They (his co-workers) never once called the kids they teach students. They chose more colorful ways to describe them, things that I will not even type. When our family came over tonight to celebrate the first day of school He told everyone that these students had just made a mistake, that the ones that really want to try are good kids. I know he will connect with some of them for that reason alone. He has one student who does not care, but he does not cause any problems so far, so Bobby just lets him be. I am sure he will ask him everyday for his opinion and try to get him to contribute to the class, He would never give up on him like some of the other teachers have.

The craziest part is that Bobby is choosing to teach becuase he loves it. He has other businesses that can provide for us, and be expanded. He loves what he is doing and loves making a difference.

He is where I know he will excel. He can help these kids not only get through this but leave positive about school and learning.

The only down fall to this job is that the school is in BFE. It is literally the farthest point you can get away from Henderson. If he likes it we will move that way. We have friends out that direction so I will not be all alone but far from My mom, and Sister. But if he is happy I will be.

1 comments:

Travis and Ashlee said...

so great that he likes his job that is hard to do for most people!!