Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Mom's Day

My mother is my best friend. Without her I would not be who I am today. She raised me and my three siblings alone. My father was taken way to soon and on top of losing the love of her life along with her oldest son she still remained strong. She never questioned what had to be done. She just jumped in and did it. She has worked everyday since then for us. She has been my strength. I call her almost everyday still, now that I have my own family I still have those moments when all I need is my "mommy". She is non judgemental, understanding, and knows me better than anyone else. When I am having a problem I never question where to turn for advice. She gives me fair and not always what I want to hear advice. She is always there to make me better. A better mom, a better sister, a better wife, just simply a better person. She along with my Father have given me the best gift of all. An eternal family. Thanks to there examples and teaching not only do I get to spend forever with them but also forever with my true love and my beautiful boys. I could have never been the mom, wife, sister and person I am today with out her. She tells me the truth even if it hurts. She takes my husbands side if I am being unreasonable. She tries to make me a better person everyday. I love that I get to pass this knowledge onto my children. I just hope I can do it justice and be as selfless as she has and continues to be. I want to be just like her when I grow up.

0 comments: